Friday, November 02, 2007

Beyond the Mid-Terms

Well, I am glad THAT week is over. All three exams passed. A+ in E/M, B in Math (highest grade in class, though - I don't know if he curves) and unknown in Mechanics. No idea how he's going to curve that test when most of us did so poorly. I did complain about the one problem, however (the only one I did very badly on) - while I am sure he fully desires us to have every equation from Physics I memorized, he has been teaching long enough that he should not expect it. Having to pull a friction equation out of my head (from Spring 99 - same teacher, coincidentally) without any warning that such would be needed was a bit of unnecessary stress during the exam. I am guessing that I am running about a B/B+ in that class, only because of the curve (my exam scores are lousy, but they are still better than the average).

After that, it was slacking for the long weekend (something I am way too good at) and then last-minute prep for Halloween. On the positive side, I finally got to see Comet Holmes through both my 16x70 binocs and my 8" SC telescope. Way cool. Too bad I did not get everything set up until after all the trick-or-treaters were done for the night!

No comments: